Junior Architectural Designer
Alvaro was born and raised in Madrid, Spain. He just recently moved to the U.S. and got married. He says that he became an architect because growing up with a carpenter father and artist mother left him little choice! Alvaro is also passionate about virtual reality development. He is inspired by technology, passion and commitment, and says that there are limitless options if you combine the three. His life-long hope is to keep the same high energy and excitement level with life as long as he can.
- Master of Architecture in Architectural Design and Architectural Engineering — University of Alcala, Madrid, Spain
Q&A with Alvaro Simon-Merino
- Is there a motto that you live by? Life is good!
- What was the first concert you attended? Mumford and Sons in Madrid, several years ago
- What is your favorite sport to watch, or to play? Basketball… I know, and yes, I am Spanish, but I am not crazy about soccer.
- What is your favorite H+C project? Recreation Center Expansion & Renovation, Colorado State University