AIA, LEED AP
Jim is Hastings+Chivetta’s longest-tenured employee, with 38 years under his belt. He started at the firm as an intern in 1977 while still a student at Kansas State University, and became a principal in 1995. Jim is responsible for overseeing all projects and performing quality control reviews. His strong attention to detail keeps our projects on schedule and within budget.
Jim’s laid-back personality is legendary around here, but no one doubts his work ethic. On most days you can count on him being in the office WELL before sunrise.
- Bachelor of Architecture — Kansas State University
Q&A with Jim Capps
- Random fact about me. I will be attending my 45th annual float trip this year.
- Is there a motto you live by? Rules are for the masses, not the individual.
- Why did you become an architect? I selected a career alphabetically, and I passed on agriculture.
- What have you worked on lately? Spring Residence Hall, Saint Louis University