AIA, LEED AP BD+C
Erik has been with Hastings+Chivetta for over 30 years, and leads our firm’s master planning and design efforts. He is a registered architect in 39 states, and brings extensive experience on a range of collegiate project types, including student life, science and engineering, recreation, and athletics. His clients value his encyclopedic knowledge (and library of spreadsheets) of amenities in their competitor’s rec centers, or how many square feet are recommended for their dining facility.
Erik brings a balanced approach of creativity and practicality to his designs, but never shies away from proposing an unconventional idea. Just look at the preserved 1925-façade at Monmouth College, or the changing inclines of the indoor jogging track at the SUNY Cortland.
- Master of Architecture — Washington University in St. Louis
- Bachelor of Science – Mathematics — Grinnell College
Q&A with Erik Kocher
- What’s your favorite hobby? Organic gardening, canning pickles, and tracking the International Space Station.
- What’s your favorite sport to watch? NFL football, and soccer.
- What project has been on your mind lately? George S. Eccles Student Life Center, University of Utah