AIA, LEED® AP BD+C
Erik has been with Hastings+Chivetta for more than 30 years. A registered architect in 39 states, he leads our master planning and design efforts.
Our clients value his encyclopedic knowledge gained from a wide range of collegiate project types – student life, science and engineering, recreation, athletics. Need to know the pros and cons of amenities at a particular university’s rec center? Curious how many square feet a new dining facility should be based on industry best practices? Need a spreadsheet with data to back up those answers? Ask Erik.
Erik balances creativity and practicality in his approach design. However, he never shies away from proposing an unconventional idea. Just look at the preserved 1925-façade at Monmouth College, or the changing inclines of the indoor jogging track at the SUNY Cortland.
- Master of Architecture — Washington University in St. Louis
- Bachelor of Science – Mathematics — Grinnell College
Q&A with Erik Kocher
- What’s your favorite hobby? Organic gardening, canning pickles, and tracking the International Space Station.
- What’s your favorite sport to watch? NFL football, and soccer.
- What project has been on your mind lately? George S. Eccles Student Life Center, University of Utah