AIA, LEED AP BD+C
Senior Vice President | Project Manager
When asked to name his favorite Hastings+Chivetta project, Steve says that, “picking a favorite project is like choosing a favorite child, so I cannot answer this.” Who can blame him, with projects like UNLV’s Student Recreation & Wellness Center, Colorado State University’s Recreation Center Expansion and Renovation and University of Utah’s George. S. Eccles Student Life Center, on his resume? Over the last (almost) 30 years with our firm, Steve has worked on a little bit of everything – recreation centers, student life projects and campus master plans.
- Bachelor of Science - Architectural Engineering — University of Kansas
- Bachelor of Environmental Design — University of Kansas
Q&A with Steve DeHekker
- Is there a motto that you live by? Know your limits, but push yourself to them (I.M. Pei).
- Why did you become an architect? I built things all the time with my friends growing up. I love designs of all types, and I find construction sites to be really exciting.
- Do you have any life-long hopes? That I can see all of my family
live full and happy lives.
- What project has been on your mind lately? Gary M. Sumers Recreation Center, Washington University