Interdisciplinary Science and Engineering Building Interior Design
Hastings+Chivetta Architects was engaged to design the new Interdisciplinary Science and Engineering (ISE) Building on Saint Louis University’s campus. The project also includes a renovation of existing lab space.
The three-story building will feature innovative teaching environments and flexible labs spaces, including:
- A three-story atrium
- 10,000 SF of research space
- New teaching lab spaces to support bioinformatics, biology, biomedical engineering, chemistry, neuroscience and computer science courses that support all science, engineering, nursing and health science majors at SLU
- An active learning classroom that can seat up to 210
- Formal and informal collaboration and gathering spaces
- A research computing and data visualization support center
The team achieved LEED Silver certification for this project.