Interdisciplinary Science and Engineering Building Interior Design
Hastings+Chivetta Architects was engaged to design the new Interdisciplinary Science and Engineering (ISE) Building on Saint Louis University’s campus.
Located on the southern edge of Tegeler Field, just east of Ritter Hall, the three-story building features innovative teaching environments and flexible labs spaces, including:
- A three-story atrium
- 10,000 SF of research space
- New teaching lab spaces to support bioinformatics, biology, biomedical engineering, chemistry, neuroscience and computer science courses that support all science, engineering, nursing and health science majors at Saint Louis University
- An active learning classroom that can seat up to 210 participants
- Formal and informal collaboration and gathering spaces
- A research computing and data visualization support center
The project also includes the renovation of existing lab space.
The team achieved LEED Silver certification.