Visit Us at the Athletic Business Conference – October 28-29, 2021
Wednesday, October 13, 2021
Hastings+Chivetta is looking forward to attending and presenting at the Athletic Business Show 2021 to take place October 27-30 in San Antonio, Texas. The Athletic Business Show is a solution-focused event for athletic, fitness and recreation professionals offering the latest trends and innovations from industry experts. Design Principal Erik Kocher, Project Manager Steve DeHekker, and Leader of Client Development Dan Sullivan will be in attendance and presenting. The Hastings+Chivetta team is excited to be present given the long-awaited return of this in-person conference. “Athletic Business is always one of H+C’s best opportunities to meet clients from around the country,” comments Dan Sullivan. “We have missed this for the last two years and getting back in person to see clients and friends, both new and old, in person once again will be surreal.”
Erik, Steve, and Dan will be delivering a dynamic workshop entitled “Hands-On Architecture: Designing Your Ultimate Facility” on Wednesday, October 27, 2021 from 1:30pm to 5:30pm. Sullivan hopes attendees are ready to “Bring your wildest dreams for any kind of athletic or recreation building and see what develops in the next three hours. Everyone leaves feeling like Frank Lloyd Wright!”
In this hands-on, interactive workshop, attendees will learn how to:
- Identify project goals and priorities.
- Balance quality of space with quantity to meet your budget and understand the limitations of your budget.
- Use consensus-building with your project team, defend your decisions and sell your facility.
The H+C trio is especially excited to bring this workshop back to Athletic Business since many past participants have commented how this dynamic session set a wonderful stage for the rest of the conference experience. It will surely be an impactful experience for all involved and will hopefully initiate dialogue among your team about the future of your facility.
Steve DeHekker will also be giving a presentation entitled “Spectacular Comeback: Revitalizing Your Aged Facilities” on Saturday, October 30, 2021 from 8:30am to 9:45am. As many institutions are recognizing the potential of adapting and expanding aged facilities for new uses and programs, Steve will help attendees critically analyze their existing facilities, recognize adaptive reuse opportunities, and determine the challenges, costs, and benefits of revitalization.
Erik, Steve, and Dan look forward to reconnecting with past clients, building new relationships, and talking all things athletic and recreation architecture and design. Learn a bit more about each of H+C’s attendees below.
- Erik Kocher, AIA, LEED AP BD+C, Design Principal, has been involved in the design and construction of more than 130 collegiate sports, recreation and wellness facilities and 70 community center projects across the country. He is a frequent speaker at national conferences and has been a juror five times for Athletic Business’ Facility of Merit Awards.
- Steve DeHekker, AIA, LEED AP BD+C, Project Manager, has experience on most project types at H+C, but his true passion lies in designing exceptional athletic and recreation facilities. Some of his most notable projects include UNLV’s Student Recreation & Wellness Center, Colorado State University’s Recreation Center Expansion and Renovation and University of Utah’s George. S. Eccles Student Life Center.
- Dan Sullivan, AIA, LEED AP BD+C, Leader of Client Development, is a passionate sports designer turned business development all-star. He enjoys applying his decades of experience creating transformative spaces for active communities as he connects with clients and potential partners. Be sure to ask Dan about University of Idaho’s ICCU Arena, which recently opened in early-October – it’s a truly impressive facility!
If you are in attendance, be sure to stop by and visit our team at booth #23090. For more information about Athletic Business Show 2021, click here.